Sunday 5 December 2010

A good shoot...

It's working on small projects that make me realise and remind me that I'm pursuing a brilliant industry. Today was a tight scheduled shoot. In a restaurant, in a busy shopping centre. Now with these kind of places there are many, many trials film crew have to over come: Noise, people, venue owners, certain product names to be wary of.
Maybe lady luck was with us, or maybe the early start had us in a focused mood to get this done as swiftly as possible. In any case it was an experience, mine and the other actor's improvisation skills were really tested here. However quick light hearted conversation before shooting the scenes made for a guided improv'. The filmmaker was happy with the few takes we got the job done in.

The shoot got me fuelled. As soon as I arrived home I continued writing the current comedy script. Which is going great visually. There will be some changes being made to the story treatment though. I have two directions I'd like to take it. So chances are I'd make two versions and through feedback decide on the winner...

...and to conclude todays post. This is Mouine Omari, a top quality filmmaker and camera-operator I have been closely working with recently. Yes he does look deadly with an RPG launcher.. err I meant a camera. (Being an Arab probably comes with those faces when they pick up shoulder mounted equipment :P)
Jokes aside though, I have to thank Mouine, I have learnt a lot from him. I hope this applies vice versa.



KYP!

2 comments:

  1. "Being an Arab probably comes with those faces when they pick up shoulder mounted equipment" That really did make me lol, Good blog mate! Was awesome working with you today as usual Ati! I'm looking forward to the next shoot, as usual i'll KYP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Man, ethnical minorities can get away with racism so easily, which is why Russell Peters is so funny I suppose. Mo is great, I eagerly concur! Even with his smaller camera now :)

    ReplyDelete