Saturday 4 December 2010

A dystopian mind.

From the many ideas and visions I have in my head, whether it is drama, or more recently, a comedy. There is one genre that keeps coming back to me. I only just realised it is a genre too.
Dystopia and its counterpart Utopia.
The sharpest ideas and images I have either begin as a dystopian narrative, setting, atmosphere or eventually it incorporates itself into what I'm writing.
It could be due to the barrel loads of horror, fantasy and science fiction I prefer to watch.
Namely 28 Days Later, Battle Royale, Blade Runner, The Running Man, Logan's Run and the list could go on and on and on.

It is something about a dystopia or a utopia that captivates and influences character builds and plot lines. I've had a very clear recurring vision for months now. I reckon I'll begin writing something on it after finishing up what I'm working on now.

Its dark. Very dark, it may even be disturbing for some.

On a side note. I'm learning to deal with un-reliable people. This past week I've been challenged with them so much. It is like I can just tell a B***S*** excuse from a mile off.

KYP!

No comments:

Post a Comment